A few months back, I was chatting with my Dad about his PC (you know, one of those “family IT support desk” jobs) and he was wondering what had happened to all of his hard disk space. David Chernicoff has written an article for Windows IT Pro magazine about the case of the missing disk space and it’s worth a read. I certainly found it interesting – especially the bit about true sizing cf. disk manufacturers’ idea of storage units.
This post was originally published in 2005 and its contents may now be out-of-date.
Other Social Networks
- If you would like to reproduce a blog post from this site, or commission an article from Mark for your own publication or web site, please get in touch.
- My Tweets
- Mark Wilson on Handy to know about: fuel cover emergency release on an Audi A4
- Chris Gillard UK on Handy to know about: fuel cover emergency release on an Audi A4
- Lawren on Removing MOM’s Active Directory management pack helper object
- StueyD on Sumvision Cyclone Micro: some advice for using this inexpensive media player
- Anonymous on Configuring an HP MSA1000 using a serial cable