I just read a very interesting article on password cracking techniques on the IBM website. It doesn’t contain any information that isn’t already well known, but it’s still a useful summary of some of the issues which an administrator should be prepared for and how to prevent them.
This post was originally published in 2005 and its contents may now be out-of-date.
Subscribe to markwilson.it
- If you would like to reproduce a blog post from this site, or commission an article from Mark for your own publication or web site, please get in touch.
- My Tweets
- Confusion over accounts used to access Microsoft’s online services on
- Performing an Active Directory Health Check on
- Controlling costs when buying a PC on
- Sumvision Cyclone Micro: some advice for using this inexpensive media player on
- Remote PowerShell to manage Exchange, even without the Exchange Management Shell installed on
Copyright NoticeThis work is © Mark Wilson 2004-2015, All Rights Reserved.