I just read a very interesting article on password cracking techniques on the IBM website. It doesn’t contain any information that isn’t already well known, but it’s still a useful summary of some of the issues which an administrator should be prepared for and how to prevent them.
This post was originally published in 2005 and its contents may now be out-of-date.
Other Social Networks
- If you would like to reproduce a blog post from this site, or commission an article from Mark for your own publication or web site, please get in touch.
- My Tweets
- EBell on Short takes: hosts files; C#; Azure VMs; sleuthing around Exchange; closing Windows 8 apps; and managing tabs in Google Chrome
- Fabian Daiß on Changing Word’s bibliography style to use square parentheses
- Mark Wilson on Configuring a Cisco IP phone for VoIP using SIP – revisited
- Marc Jones on Configuring a Cisco IP phone for VoIP using SIP – revisited
- markwilson.it » Short takes: Grabbing streaming video; and installing troublesome Chrome apps on Surfing with server core