I just read a very interesting article on password cracking techniques on the IBM website. It doesn’t contain any information that isn’t already well known, but it’s still a useful summary of some of the issues which an administrator should be prepared for and how to prevent them.
This post was originally published in 2005 and its contents may now be out-of-date.
Other Social Networks
- If you would like to reproduce a blog post from this site, or commission an article from Mark for your own publication or web site, please get in touch.
- My Tweets
- markwilson.it » Short takes: Grabbing streaming video; and installing troublesome Chrome apps on Surfing with server core
- markwilson.it » Geeking out at Microsoft Research on Getting started with Arduino
- markwilson.it » Geeking out at Microsoft Research on Microsoft after hours: the sequel
- Mark Wilson on Creating an iSCSI target on a Netgear ReadyNAS
- markwilson.it » Geeking out at Microsoft Research on After hours at UK TechDays