Press and other commissioned work
As well as writing this blog, Mark has contributed articles to a number of other publications and the following are examples of his external work:
- Fujitsu White Paper (January 2013): Technology standardisation – creating consisistency in solution architecture.
- Fujitsu White Paper (April 2012): Linked data – connecting and exploiting big data.
- Cloud Pro (November 2011): SQL Server and Hadoop – unlikely bedfellows but a powerful combination.
- Fujitsu White Paper (August 2011): Bring Your Own Computer: Why should we have separate devices for home and work?
- Cloud Pro (April 2011): Windows Azure Connect – the missing link between on premise and cloud.
- 4SysOps (April 2011): Thoughts on curated computing – part 1 and part 2.
- Computer Weekly (November 2006): Pretty interfaces alone do not make a business case (originally submitted as: Windows Vista is finally here… but XP’s not dead yet).
Mark also contributed to the following publications as one of a larger team of writers/contributors:
- Fujitsu Technology Perspectives.
- Fujitsu White Book of Cloud Security.
- Fujitsu White Book of Big Data.
He has also carried out a number of speaking engagements including:
- Univesity College London (January 2013): A view on cyber security.
- CloudCamp Big Data Special (January 2012): Structuring Big Data.
- University College London (January 2012): Bring Your Own Device – why does it matter?
- British Computer Society Internet Specialist Group (September 2011): The Internet, where next?
Mark has also been interviewed and quoted in the following articles:
- Fujitsu Point of View (February 2008): Virtual Reality.
- The Independent (November 2006): How to blog your way to fame and fortune.
- Computer Weekly (November 2006): Bloggers disect Vista technology.
- IT Week (June 2005): Decision time for Windows 2000 users.
If you would like to reproduce a blog post from this site, or commission an article from Mark for your own publication or web site, please get in touch.