A list of items Iâ€™ve come across this month that I found potentially useful, interesting, or just plain funny:
- Noiseware: a Photoshop plugin to reduce digital noise (via David Tunnicliffe) – an alternative is Noise Ninja.
- World clock – handy for working out what time it is when contacting people on the other side of the world… (on a related note, if your system clock is wrong and you want to know the local time, try entering
the timein Google).
- Active Directory Explorer – advanced AD viewer and editor (friendlier than ADSI Edit).
- Online stopwatch – does what it says on the tin. I found this really useful when recording the narrative for some “how to do it” videos that I’ve been working on.
- TinyURL has been around for a while now but SnipURL (also known as Snurl or Snipr) is an alternative.
- Trying to send/receive an electronic funds payment to/from an overseas destination? The auction fee calculator site explains IBAN, BIC and SWIFT in more detail than I thought I’d ever need to know including a very useful lookup tool.