Tomorrow, the leased Volkswagen Tiguan (2012 model) that I’ve been driving for the last three years is being collected. Only last week, I worked out how to do what I’ve wanted to do for most of the time I’ve had the car – i.e. to have one phone connected over Bluetooth for calls (my work phone) at the same time as another is connected for playing music/podcasts (my private phone).
As long as both devices are paired to the car, it’s pretty simple and the steps are in the video below:
If you can’t see the video, then these are the steps:
- Connect the phone that you want to use as a phone to the car. In the video you can see “Mark Wilson’s Lumia” is connected.
- using the steering wheel controls, scroll down to Bluetooth and click OK.
- Scroll down to Media player and click OK.
- Select Paired devices and click OK.
- Select the second device (in the video it’s “Mark’s iPhone) and click OK.
- Click OK at the Connect prompt, and again at the “End current connection?” prompt.
- After a few seconds, the second device should connect and you can play media content from this, whilst still making/receiving calls on the first device.