To the best if the author’s knowledge, this website does not collect any personal data, with the following exceptions:
- The IP address of any visitor who leaves a comment on the weblog is stored within the content management database for the sole purpose of identifying spammers (users who leave unsolicited commercial comments). Under certain circumstances, this IP address information may uniquely identify a user on the Internet. Visitors may voluntarily provide their name, e-mail address and website details when posting a comment but these details are not required.
- The IP address and web browser details of any visitor that uses the contact form are appended to the message for the purpose of identifying spammers and understanding the type of browser in use (for troubleshooting purposes).
- The server on which the website is hosted stores the IP addresses of all computers that make a connection to the server.
The website does store information about visitors using cookies (files which are sent by the website to a computer or other access device). These cookies are used to verify logged-in users and for convenience when posting comments (so that repeat visitors only need enter their details once).
To delete any cookies that already exist on a computer, please refer to the instructions for the appropriate file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies (generally accessed through web browser options or preferences).
Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at AboutCookies.org. A Wikipedia article about cookies is also available. Please note that by deleting cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the website.
The website also makes use of third party services, each of which will have their own policies relating to privacy and data protection and over which this website’s owner has no control. These services include (but may not be limited to):
- PayPal – for financial transaction processing and management (e.g. donations).
- Google AdSense for advertising.
- Google Analytics for site traffic analysis.
Any personal data collected by the site will remain confidential and will never be shared with a third party (unless required in order to comply with a legal request from the United Kingdom authorities).