It will be interesting to see how HP (who are still trying to get to grips with their acquisition of Compaq) respond to this latest move in the market. IMHO, Dell should also be watching their backs, as although they have over twice Lenovo’s new market share, there is much talk about the strong growth of the Chinese economy which may well allow Lenovo to reduce the business’ cost base, providing opportunities for further reductions in PC prices, in a market that is already largely commoditised.
This post was originally published in 2004 and its contents may now be out-of-date.
Other Social Networks
- If you would like to reproduce a blog post from this site, or commission an article from Mark for your own publication or web site, please get in touch.
- Mahmoud on Configuring a Cisco IP phone for VoIP using SIP – revisited
- Mark Wilson on Want to update your iPhone voicemail settings? Looks like a jailbreak is needed
- jontheniceguy on Want to update your iPhone voicemail settings? Looks like a jailbreak is needed
- markwilson.it » Shopping around for a smartphone? Have you considered buying second hand? on Microsoft (finally) gets its mobility act together – but cuts loose early adopters of the Windows Phone OS
- markwilson.it » Shopping around for a smartphone? Have you considered buying second hand? on Some thoughts on modern technology: email, gadgets (and how children view them)