My iPhone (4S) is jailbroken. I won’t go into the details of how I did it as it changes with every release but I currently run iOS 7.0.4 and I used the Evasi0n method. Unfortunately, Apple has a pretty shocking bug in that version of iOS which means SSL transactions are not secure.
I didn’t want to go to the hassle of upgrading the OS, then jailbreaking again and, luckily, there is a workaround for fixing the iOS SSL issue on jailbroken iPhones without updating to iOS 7.0.6 (or 6.1.6) – although by the time I get this post written, 7.1 may well have hit the streets…
- Launch Cydia
- Switch to the Manage page, then select Sources
- Add Ryan Petrich’s repo (URL is http://rpetri.ch/repo)
- Go back to Manage and select Sources
- Search for SSLPatch and install as usual
- Restart SpringBoard when prompted
To test the patch (before and after), use the Goto Fail Apple SSL bug test site.