A few weeks back, I was at a Microsoft event where the presenter was struggling to connect to a Windows Server cluster using the Cluster Administrator tool. It turned out that the problem was down to having started devices in the wrong order (it should be storage, then network, then cluster nodes) but when one member of the audience suggested entering
. as the cluster name in the Cluster Administrator dropdown he was able to connect to the cluster (with much relief!)… may be worth remembering for the future.
Subscribe to markwilson.it
- If you would like to reproduce a blog post from this site, or commission an article from Mark for your own publication or web site, please get in touch.
- My Tweets
- Confusion over accounts used to access Microsoft’s online services on
- Performing an Active Directory Health Check on
- Controlling costs when buying a PC on
- Sumvision Cyclone Micro: some advice for using this inexpensive media player on
- Remote PowerShell to manage Exchange, even without the Exchange Management Shell installed on
Copyright NoticeThis work is © Mark Wilson 2004-2015, All Rights Reserved.